|Major goals and advantages|
Using IBDIS and its documentation tool adds the following advantages to the IBD community and all ECCO members:
- Ready to use after a long process of planning, developing, improving and testing the software including a risk analysis with identification, assessment, treatment and documentation of risks
- Broad availability using the Internet and latest online techniques
- IBDIS is based on a harmonized, standardized and validated catalogue of IBD parameters
- Continuous enhancement by implementation of technical and scientific advances, as well as repeated validation processes, now also with professional support by ECCO.
- IBDIS enables the comparison of patient populations in scientific studies based on the same documentation standard.
- IBDIS offers a wide range of facilities to use it as an easy to adapt tool for special user requirements including registries, online surveys or EU projects.
- Several partners within the pharmaceutical industry already trust in IBDIS and the technique behind the system for their own eCRF's.
- Using a web based eCRF is a strategic move and a statement to be aware of the requirements and challenges of regulatory authorities.